The ‘O’ Visas:
The term ‘O’ refers to Outstanding. O-1 visa is a short-term U.S. work visas available for people with specialized skills.
If you are a person with a great potential on the below areas, then O-1 visa is applicable for you.
It is also applicable for the people who had achieved something in the field of Television Industry or Motion Pictures.
The Classification & Details:
Below is how the ‘O’ type visas are split.
Points To Remember:
- It is mandatory to have a job offer from a US employer to get an O visa.
- O-1 visas are provided only by keeping the individual’s qualifications as a base.
If an individual had accomplished or achieved something as a part of a group or team is not eligible for an O-1 Visa.
- With reference to the ability in Arts, an individual should ensure that her/his work meets the needs of the immigration law’s definition of art.
- When it comes to the ability in the fields of Science, Education, Business / Athletics, an individual must be able to showcase his/her potential. Besides, the applicant must also be able to provide details on the national or international acclaim on his/her area of expertise.
- An O visa holder can work for the O visa sponsor legally in the United States of America. The individual would need a new visa in case of a job change.
- The processing time for the issuance of O visas is quick.
- The dependents of an O visa holder may not accept jobs of any kind in the United States of America.
- The O visa holder and his/her dependents can stay in the United States of America only till the expiry of visa status.
- The O visas can be issued up to three years. Extensions are possible by providing proper documentations.
Refer to uscis website for more information on O-1 visas.